11 July 2005

Coupe Matterhorn - Ice Cream Sundae at Betty's in York

Seeing as it was incredibly hot today, I spent £4.95 on a Coupe Matterhorn sundae from Betty's in York. For the price, you'd think I'd have been robbed for a bit of ice cream, but this was not the case.

I can honestly say it was the best ice cream sundae I've ever tasted.

The sundae was very simple, it was two scoops of vanilla ice cream, two of chocolate, some fresh cream and some warm chocolate sauce. The thing that made it so special was the quality of the ice cream.

Both ice creams were delicious. The vanilla had obviously been made with vanilla pods and real cream, and was of similar texture to chocolate truffle. The chocolate was of a similar texture, deliciously flavoured and again obviously made with real cream. It also contained some lovely chocolate flakes, of a similar sweet taste to the warm sauce.

The portion was generous, as was the quantity of sauce supplied, and the whole dessert was organic. Even though I am an impoverished student, I feel that this time I definitely got what I paid for. Yum.

No comments: